Want to start an effective email campaign? You'll need to build a list of captive recipients. Here's how...
1. Ask visitors to subscribe to your blog or newsletter. It's a good idea to also give them a freebie when they subscribe.
2. Have them sign-up to get access to download a free white paper, brochure or other information. The subject of this information should be related to your target audience.
3. Give your visitors a free membership inside your member's only web site. Have them sign-up to receive a user name and password. 4. Hold a free contest or sweepstakes at your web site. Ask them to give you their contact information to enter.
5. Offer your visitors free consulting via e-mail. Have them fill out a web form to e-mail you with their questions.
6. Hold an interactive poll on your web site. Ask your visitors to e-mail you their vote or opinion.
7. Have visitors fill out a survey on your web site. Give them a free gift as an incentive to complete the form.
8. Give people who visit your web site free information sent via auto-responder. Just ask them to fill out their contact information to receive the free information.